e-Schools’ Network will be holding its 8th national teacher conference on October 2nd, 3rd and 4th 2012. This conference will cover a wide range of topics over a 3 day period during the school holidays – focusing on mobile technologies and integrating ICTs in the classroom to enrich the lives of both teacher and learner.
We will be running presentations and hands-on workshops and will be introducing new technologies to teachers and discussing the importance and use of mobile technology and ICT in education.
This is an environment for teachers and educators to network with other teachers and educators and discusses the real issues associated with introducing ICT into lessons, and using it as an effective teaching tool.
You are invited to share your experiences and programmes that you have developed in your classrooms with an audience that is open and eager to learn and to take back your experiences and adapt them to enhance the learning experience in their classrooms.
Information for Potential Presenters
- You are invited to submit an abstract of your presentation by logging on to www.conf2012.school.za, which will be available from end of 1st March 2012, to reach us no later than 30th June 2012.
- The main presenter must register as a presenter. You will then be able to add the abstract and title of the presentation. Only the main presenter will be able to edit the presentation information.
- If you have a co-presenter they will also need to register as a presenter. The co-presenter will select the presentation from a drop down list.
- If you need help please call the helpdesk on 021 6749140.
- e-Schools’ Network will notify you by email by the 30th July 2012 if your presentation has been accepted or rejected. You will need to confirm receipt of this email.
- Once accepted you will automatically become a non paying delegate of the conference.
- If accepted you must submit / supply e-Schools’ Network with your conference documentation (written presentation, slide show or similar) to reach us no later than 30th August 2012. No late presentations will be considered.
- The conference is being held at Wynberg Girls High School, Aliwal Rd Wynberg, Cape Town.
- The target audience is
- Teachers who use ICTs and those who don’t but would like to know more.
- School Management.
- Provincial Education Managers and Curriculum Advisors.
- Anyone who is interested in making a contribution to Educational ICTs.
- Innovation in ICT
- Teaching and Learning with ICTs
- Classroom Technologies
- Mobile Learning
- Internet Child Safety
- Future Classrooms
- Special Needs
- School Management Systems